Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Left over Ham

What I did with left over Ham from Easter
I found a recipe in the newspaper however I had to tweak it. The kids don't care for 
 red bell peppers, shitake mushrooms, chopped clementines,chopped pecans or walnuts, ginger, garlic, 
The original recipe also called for five spice powder (I didn't use)
I would of added broccoli but didn't have any;(




In the picture I used the following

Approx. 1 lb of chopped ham
1-fresh pineapple~diced OR 1 can of pineapple (keep 1/2 the juice)
 1 bag-pre- frozen rice mixture. (I would typically use brown rice)
In Pan: I browned a T of oil and chopped ham 3-4 min.
Then add diced pineapple until brown.
Heat rice mixture in microwave.
Add 3 1/2 T of soy sauce to stir fry
In a small bowl mix 2 T cornstarch and 2 T water until combined. Set aside
Add soy sauce and cornstarch to pan (this is when I would also add natural juice if you used can)
Evenly coat -add rice mixture and mix well!
If you prefer sweeter you could add some brown sugar


This took me under 15 minutes. It took longer to cut the pineapple up.


No comments: